Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » I'm curious
I'm curious Fri, 08 November 2013 11:17 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint
Are enough of Fable II's files left over in Fable III to re-create Fable II from Fable III? I ask because I have never owned an XBOX 360, and with the new line of consoles coming around, I likely never will. As such, it would be nice to transform the PC version of Fable III into Fable II so that I can play the game I missed out on. Confused

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.
Re: I'm curious Fri, 08 November 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
asmcint wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 11:17
Are enough of Fable II's files left over in Fable III to re-create Fable II from Fable III? I ask because I have never owned an XBOX 360, and with the new line of consoles coming around, I likely never will. As such, it would be nice to transform the PC version of Fable III into Fable II so that I can play the game I missed out on. Confused

Maybe? We can extract the bank's and recompile them all. But that's only part of the problem. I don't know the extent of any changes they've made to any of the other file formats. Then there's the issue of the scripts. The LUA number and addons are completely different. Fable 2 didn't use KoreVM. It's anybody's guess if it will even recognize them.

Best case is that the game will crash. Worse case, it burns down your home and kills your cat.
Re: I'm curious Fri, 08 November 2013 23:50 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint
Keshire wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 13:56
Worse case, it burns down your home and kills your cat.

Well, that's definitely worse than Fable Explorer impregnating my pets, drinking my booze, and smoking my cigarretes. Laughing

In any case, it would definitely be interesting to try.

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 November 2013 23:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Override Assets issues
Next Topic: Question about scriptactivation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:32:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01836 seconds