Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP*
postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP* Wed, 13 November 2013 12:15 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
I'm only doing this because it's one of the bigger scripts and I keep hearing that that is where some long standing bugs are.

This going to be pretty time consuming, and I'm sure I'll need multiple people to look it over.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 11:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP* Fri, 15 November 2013 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
Great!
so, we only can decompile the original script, not DLC?
it's sad, because the original works pretty fine...

I'm sorry that I can't help you right now
as soon as I will have free time, I'll try to help

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 00:47]

Re: postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP* Fri, 15 November 2013 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 00:43
Great!
so, we only can decompile the original script, not DLC?
it's sad, because the original works pretty fine...

I'm sorry that I can't help you right now
as soon as I will have free time, I'll try to help

No debug script for the dlcs. The debug scripts make things vastly easier because of line numbers and locals. We can go back in and make the DLC changes after we get the retail version knocked out.

Edit:
I can't imagine this is working the way it should...
WatchDog.AddChickenChaserCallBack._Name = "WatchDog_WatchDog.AddChickenChaserCallBack"

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 10:32]

Re: postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP* Fri, 15 November 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint
Keshire wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 05:43

WatchDog.AddChickenChaserCallBack._Name = "WatchDog_WatchDog.AddChickenChaserCallBack"

What... the... fuck!?

If I'm reading this right, they're trying to use a variable to list a function, and said variable is longer than the original function!

If I'm not reading this right, then it appears to be some highly redundant code. Either way, what drugs were they on?

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.
Re: postscriptsloaded.lua rewrite *WIP* Fri, 15 November 2013 15:21 Go to previous message
asmcint wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 13:28
Keshire wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 05:43

What... the... fuck!?

If I'm reading this right, they're trying to use a variable to list a function, and said variable is longer than the original function!

If I'm not reading this right, then it appears to be some highly redundant code. Either way, what drugs were they on?

Ya. There's some crazy things going on.
It looks like this is meant to be overriding the base function with a replacement function.

Any function that gets defined in WatchDog gets re-tagged as WatchDog_function, replacing the normal function that runs.
		name = "WatchDog_" .. name
		watch_dog._Name = name

That AddChickenChaserCallBack sticks out because if it was the same as the others it should have been WatchDog_AddChickenChaserCallBack.
Obviously I haven't done all the functions yet. I just have them listed out.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 15:22]

Previous Topic: ScriptFunction clear
Next Topic: A few unlisted Debug functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:40:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01485 seconds