Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Mods » Additional animations for hero
Additional animations for hero Sun, 17 November 2013 01:42 Go to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
Since I probably will never finish the work on my mod, perhaps it would be better to split it into parts
this part about hero animations
amazing how many unused animations in the game, it probably migrated from the second part
This mode uses some, such as running at an angle, downhill\uphill, various spreads on 45\90\180 degrees, around obstacles, etc.
Also now you can move when aiming ranged weapons.

install:
use Catspaw's GFWL emu
extract archive and place DLC folder in Fable 3 game folder

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 04:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Additional animations for hero Mon, 02 June 2014 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updated
some fixes
and now fully worked left, right and forward around obstacles animations
also now is all packed and ready to use
Re: Additional animations for hero Sat, 13 September 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kree is currently offline  Kree
Great mod thanks alot!
Had to remove some null characters at the end of the lua file but that's probably just cause I'm going the long way by putting the file into the gamescripts_r.bnk
Re: Additional animations for hero Fri, 10 October 2014 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phnx is currently offline  Phnx
Hey, firstly thanks for this mod and also the other one! Secondly, is there any kind of preparation I need to make to get this to work? Because simply putting the mod3 folder into the data folder doesn't seem to do anything for me. Also, I'm using DLC so maybe I need to put it into one of the DLC folders because the game gives priority to newer content?!
Re: Additional animations for hero Sat, 11 October 2014 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mod0 DLC1 (Understone and all others)
mod1 DLC2 (Traitors Keep)
mod2-mod9 any mods

mod1 will overwrite mod0
mod2 will overwrite mod1
etc

of course you will need timeslip GFWL remover first
Re: Additional animations for hero Sun, 12 October 2014 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, I see. Thank you!

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 17:35]

Re: Additional animations for hero Tue, 21 October 2014 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've incorporated the mod into gamescripts_r.bnk and everything works fine so far. But there are a few issues. I'm playing the female hero and when she's moving slowly she makes very small steps and waddles at a certain speed. She also seems to "walk on ice". There's a kind of gliding effect. I'm playing with a controller. And another thing is she plays the same idle animation over and over again when she's standing still and doesn't alternate between idles anymore.

OK. I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy so I figured it out. I fixed the gliding by changing the first couple of values back to the originals and the idle pose alternation by changing

HeroLocomotionStateIdleIdle.FeetMatchPoseTolerance = 0.8 back to HeroLocomotionStateIdleIdle.FootMatchCompareTolerance = 0.8

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2014 07:52]

Re: Additional animations for hero Thu, 23 October 2014 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phnx wrote on Wed, 22 October 2014 06:35
I'm playing the female hero and when she's moving slowly she makes very small steps and waddles at a certain speed. She also seems to "walk on ice". There's a kind of gliding effect.

did you use walk mod tweak?
try to modify acceleration to ~0.5
I use different animations for moving\running and I was too lazy to test it on the vanilla...

Phnx wrote on Wed, 22 October 2014 06:35
And another thing is she plays the same idle animation over and over again when she's standing still and doesn't alternate between idles anymore.

OK. I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy so I figured it out. I fixed the gliding by changing the first couple of values back to the originals and the idle pose alternation by changing

HeroLocomotionStateIdleIdle.FeetMatchPoseTolerance = 0.8 back to HeroLocomotionStateIdleIdle.FootMatchCompareTolerance = 0.8

Yes, I suspect that there some bug with idle animation :(
FeetMatchPoseTolerance vs FootMatchCompareTolerance ?
yea...I remember I was experimenting with this...and forgot that it was the original...
OK, I fixed it
Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2014 09:26]

Re: Additional animations for hero Fri, 24 October 2014 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was also wondering why you added Debug.ReloadHeroLocomotionStates(Wink to the end of the file. It's not in the vanilla file.
Re: Additional animations for hero Mon, 27 October 2014 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suspect that some of the stats written to the save file
Maybe I'm wrong
In any case, this function does not cause an error, so..
Re: Additional animations for hero Mon, 27 October 2014 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, OK. Thanks for the info.
Re: Additional animations for hero Sun, 16 November 2014 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE
- now you can move when aiming ranged weapons (added strafe animation)
- added different animation for run, depending on hero fatness
- fixed some typos
- some tunning

* different animation for run will be switched between old one and new, but only when game is reloading (seams like change animation is not possible when game is load)
** when moving with aiming ranged weapon, try to not move forward and then left, it cause a bug, legs will go to left but torso still be directed to the right...

Re: Additional animations for hero Tue, 17 February 2015 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donkeymilk is currently offline  donkeymilk
Thanks for the mod.
Re: Additional animations for hero Wed, 25 March 2015 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updated archive for Catspaw's GFWL emu support
Re: Additional animations for hero Fri, 11 September 2015 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGeniusSavant is currently offline  TheGeniusSavant
Thanks for the mod! For some reason, I can strafe when aiming (targeted, using RMB) but not when firing normally. I'm going to try to fix it myself, but I'm REALLY new to this whole thing! Sad
Re: Additional animations for hero Thu, 17 September 2015 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well... getting less new to the whole modding thing as fast as I can. I think I figured this out. I believe it has something to do with the target selection for flourishes (you know - how you can target the guy behind you). Now that I am familiar with the mod, it integrates quite smoothly, and I don't find myself wishing for any more!

Thanks again for putting this together!
Re: Additional animations for hero Sat, 19 September 2015 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGeniusSavant wrote on Fri, 11 September 2015 20:46
but not when firing normally.

in normal behavior, you can't move when firing because is playing animation sequence
Re: Additional animations for hero Sun, 20 September 2015 03:20 Go to previous message
Roger. That's (kinda) what I said.

Thanks for your response, though! I was beginning to think this forum was COMPLETELY dead! Sad
Previous Topic: Graphic enhancements
Next Topic: Intro disable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:45:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01576 seconds