Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Blacksmithing mod WIP
Blacksmithing mod WIP Sun, 17 November 2013 21:23 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
I was thinking of reworking some of the jobs so they are more than just for money. I'm staring with the Blacksmithing job.

Ideally I want to modify the multimesh weapons dynamically based on the blacksmithing minigame.

To start off with, each color should signify a weapon part: shaft, blade, etc

I'll add on mechanics after that prototype is complete.

jobblacksmithinstance.lua (Complete)
jobblacksmithmanager.lua (Complete)

I'm hoping I don't have to touch jobcommonscript.lua

[Updated on: Sun, 01 April 2018 22:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Mon, 18 November 2013 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint
Keshire wrote on Sun, 17 November 2013 22:23

Ideally I want to modify the multimesh weapons dynamically based on the blacksmithing minigame.

To start off with, each color should signify a weapon part: shaft, blade, etc

I'll add on mechanics after that prototype is complete.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/443/tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif?1307475753

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.
Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Tue, 19 November 2013 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to find the mistake in that manager script. I must have misspelled something in there somewhere, because it's not making it through the script correctly. It's so close though. This would be a breeze if I could debug it properly...

Edit:
Got most of the typo's fixed I think. Game doesn't hang anymore. Goes on to next round.

Doesn't look like the multiplier is being updated and successful hit isn't animating.

Miss hit and idles are working.

Edit:
Rearranged some code to make better sense. Added my usual code commenting expressing my thoughts.

I'm at a loss on why the success hit and money aren't working. If someone wants to go through it and take a quick look I'd appreciate it.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 November 2013 21:28]

Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Fri, 07 March 2014 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't had time to continue this, and the script is still kind of wonky.

But if anyone else wants to experiment with the concept. Here is what I had in mind:

in the
HeroJobController:RespondToHitBlacksmith()
function, you'd get the button that was pressed, and use that to modify the active weapon morph on every hit. I think the easiest way is to just iterate through the morphs for each weapon part since I believe they are an array.

If you don't care about money or round failure stuff, that can probably be completely removed.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 March 2014 08:34]

Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Fri, 07 March 2014 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Fri, 07 March 2014 09:18

If you don't care about money or round failure stuff, that can probably be completely removed.

Your current version does that partway, by accident. For a perfect round, you don't get paid, and the gold multiplier never increases. I'd try to get the weapon morph bit working myself, but I've only ever been good at copying and pasting code together in a horrendous abomination against all things sensible and holy.

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.
Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Fri, 07 March 2014 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Fri, 07 March 2014 10:02
Keshire wrote on Fri, 07 March 2014 09:18

Your current version does that partway, by accident. For a perfect round, you don't get paid, and the gold multiplier never increases. I'd try to get the weapon morph bit working myself, but I've only ever been good at copying and pasting code together in a horrendous abomination against all things sensible and holy.

That's the best kind of code. You have to round it off with a glass of whiskey while writing it though.
Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Fri, 07 March 2014 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huh. Guess I'll have to try that in 2, now that I think about it, years when I'm actually old enough to drink. Who knows, maybe XKCD was right, and the Ballmer Peak exists.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png

[Updated on: Fri, 07 March 2014 19:14]

Re: Blacksmithing mod WIP Sun, 01 April 2018 22:07 Go to previous message
Keshire wrote on Tue, 19 November 2013 16:56
I'm trying to find the mistake in that manager script. I must have misspelled something in there somewhere, because it's not making it through the script correctly. It's so close though. This would be a breeze if I could debug it properly...

I'm at a loss on why the success hit and money aren't working. If someone wants to go through it and take a quick look I'd appreciate it.

It's a little late, but at least not never.

I fixed it. It was one subtle greater than/less than sign that was flipped causing it to never make it out of the idle animation. The completed scripts are in the first post.

I'm also working on the lute hero manager with the intent of adding all the online achievements to it.

Haven't decided if I'll do anything to the pie making job.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 April 2018 22:07]

Previous Topic: How to extract speech file ?
Next Topic: Help with Pre-order hunter lodge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:44:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01465 seconds