Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Finding a creature ID.
Finding a creature ID. Fri, 21 March 2014 07:42 Go to next message
Schuldiner is currently offline  Schuldiner
Thanks to this guide, I have managed to spawn creatures in game. It is quite simple, but until now I have only figured out Elise's ID which apparently is "CreatureVillagerElise", using BNK Browser I have found quite a few other NPCs that I would like to spawn such as Reaver/Theresa etc... Although using the same logic "Debug.CreateEntityByHero('CreatureVillagerReaver')" or Theresa, did not work. What I'm curious about though is, how does the game figures out the ID of the creature. Why doesn't it spawn the model by using the actual path to the corresponding .mdl file? Is there any logic on figuring out the NPC ID?

[Updated on: Fri, 21 March 2014 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Finding a creature ID. Fri, 21 March 2014 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
Schuldiner wrote on Fri, 21 March 2014 07:42
Thanks to this guide, I have managed to spawn creatures in game. It is quite simple, but until now I have only figured out Elise's ID which apparently is "CreatureVillagerElise", using BNK Browser I have found quite a few other NPCs that I would like to spawn such as Reaver/Theresa etc... Although using the same logic "Debug.CreateEntityByHero('CreatureVillagerReaver')" or Theresa, did not work. What I'm curious about though is, how does the game figures out the ID of the creature. Why doesn't it spawn the model by using the actual path to the corresponding .mdl file? Is there any logic on figuring out the NPC ID?

I believe they are defined in the globals.gdb. The global name, model, and other properties of the creature.
Re: Finding a creature ID. Fri, 21 March 2014 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help, do you have any gdb editor in mind? I've already used Artofeel's posted editor found here, but it doesn't seem to read the file itself. The editor is on the same directory with the file by the way.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 March 2014 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Finding a creature ID. Fri, 21 March 2014 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
guess you need this one
drag-and-drop .gdb file on .bat file
  • Attachment: GDB_Dump.zip
    (Size: 13.41KB, Downloaded 1567 times)
Re: Finding a creature ID. Sat, 22 March 2014 00:57 Go to previous message
That did the job, thank you both!
Previous Topic: [Edited]Just a question.
Next Topic: Need some help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:27:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01456 seconds