Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Need some help
Need some help Thu, 20 March 2014 06:39 Go to next message
Dennis1984 is currently offline  Dennis1984
Hello fellow Fable 3 players,

I recently stumbled across this nice little forum and wanted to try some things myself.
I've read the tutorials on general scripting and on how to create banks and then tried around a bit.
Problem is that nothing seems to work out for me. But first of all some mentions:
- I have the xlive remover patch and edited the necessary file, so that every dlc has its own folder
- I made safety copies of the complete data folder as well as my saves

From what I could gather on informations first I created a new folder in my Fable 3 data folder named mod9
so that my changes would be the last loaded thus avoiding the annoying habit of the dlc's overwriting everything.
Next I downloaded the BNK Utilities (Browser and Creator) and extracted the package_info.xml as well as both
scriptactivation files (one .lua and one .txt) from one of the dlc .bnk's as well as a package_collection_info.xmb so
these are the only files I edited in any way. So I edited the contents of the two package files according to the bank creating tutorial.
Next I edited both of the scriptactivation files in different ways:

#1: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation)
return nil
end

#2: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation')
return nil
end

#3: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), '0x00000C3D 0x0000002B ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation')
return nil
end

#4: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 0x00000C3D 0x0000002B ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation)
return nil
end

#5: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Debug.GiveHeroWeapon('ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLament ation')
return nil
end

#6: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Debug.GiveHeroWeapon(ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamenta tion)
return nil
end

Unfortunately all of the above did not work so I'm asking if one of you guys has any idea where I made a mistake
and eventually help me correct this mistake
Re: Need some help Thu, 20 March 2014 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
Dennis1984 wrote on Thu, 20 March 2014 18:39

#2: ScriptActivation[ScriptCode.QU000].AbleToRun = function()
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation')
return nil
end

this should work, if name of item is correct
Re: Need some help Fri, 21 March 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first of all thank you Artofeel for the quick reply.
then the problem why the weapons doesn't show up in my sanctuary, must lie elsewhere.
Well back to work to figure this out
Re: Need some help Fri, 21 March 2014 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
It almost sounds like it's not being loaded at all.

If xlive is working the way it should then you should check folder structure inside the bank you created, and also make sure the packageUniqueId is unique. At least that's where I'd start. If you can at least break it, then you know it's being loaded at least. Very Happy
Re: Need some help Fri, 21 March 2014 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
also, try to add
GUI.DisplayReceivedItem('ObjectInventoryLegendarySwordAvoLamentation')
Re: Need some help Fri, 21 March 2014 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Keshire
since I'm using the xlive remover from timeslip, xlive is no issue at all. for the folder structure Itried to exactly copy the structure and contents of the other dlc's and the packageunique id is also well unique^^
But thanks for the tips

@Artofeel
just a small question. Where would I have to put that line? Before or after the Inventory.AddItemOfType commands?
And one last kind of a nooby question is, what does this line do?
Re: Need some help Fri, 21 March 2014 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint
While I can't tell you where that line is supposed to go(though due to its nature, I'd assume after the inventory.additemoftype command), I can tell you what it does. It SHOULD produce a message informing you that Avo's Lamentation has been added to your inventory when the script is successful.

To whomever designed the map of Mistpeak Valley to look so much more simple than the actual level is: May the Archangel Michael descend from the heavens and plant his boot squarely between your legs for your asshattery.
Re: Need some help Sat, 22 March 2014 07:15 Go to previous message
Oh my gosh! It finally worked, thank you all for your fast responses and support.
If you would excuse me now there are a lot of different things to try out^^.
I'm gonna break the shit out of that game.
Previous Topic: Finding a creature ID.
Next Topic: Rebel's Weapon & Tattoo Pack
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:37:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02335 seconds