Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » How do you edit a security catalogue file?
How do you edit a security catalogue file? Mon, 15 December 2014 15:08 Go to next message
bobbythejobby is currently offline  bobbythejobby
I have been trying for days to remove the highly annoying 5 star dog potion from the free DLC. I have finally found out how to do it. You have to remove it from the security catalogue file "content.cat." So far I havent found any way to edit these files. Does anyone have any tool or software to do this???
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Tue, 16 December 2014 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
WUT?
you do something wrong...
use simple code:
if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5') > 0 then
	Inventory.RemoveItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5')
end

and if you want to reset dog training skills:
DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_COMBAT, 0)
DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_TREASURE_HUNTING, 0)
DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_CHARISMA, 0)

Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Wed, 17 December 2014 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man. Are those console commands? Is it the same as most games, press the ` key to open the console??
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Thu, 18 December 2014 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, console in game is blocked, or even cut out at all...
You need to use scripts
Easy way is use this
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man will give this a try later on. Hopefully it will work!
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is folder mod2 ???? Do I need to create it????
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to place mod2 folder in your Fable3\Data directory
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its ok I found it from the download link. I use catpaws latest xlive emulator though hopefully it will still work. Will try it tonight and post my results. Hopefully the 5 star dog potion will be no more!
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dosent work using either xlive emu. The dog potion is not removed and the dogs stats are not reset using the other script
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Sun, 21 December 2014 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need 'timeslip xlive remover' if you want to mod game
or you can modify the game archives, but it's more complicated way
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Mon, 22 December 2014 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt work with timeslips method either
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Mon, 22 December 2014 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strange...
and DLC works?
you have to place them in:
Fable3\data\mod0\Content\ *.bnk *.dat package_collection_info.xmb < DLC1 (Understone and all others)
Fable3\data\mod1\Content\ *.bnk *.dat package_collection_info.xmb < DLC2 (Traitors Keep)
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Tue, 23 December 2014 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes DLC works fine and they are all in correct folders
Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Tue, 23 December 2014 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, try this then
move\rename one of them (mod0 or mod1)
and then rename mod2 to mod0\1
I suspect that the folders (mod2-mod9) is not detected at all

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2014 07:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do you edit a security catalogue file? Wed, 31 December 2014 05:52 Go to previous message
Hi thanks for all the help. tried all suggestions. Bottom line is DLC works fine, script injector thing dosn't even when following instructions to the latter. Don't know if its my version of fable3 or the remove dog potion script, or maybe you just cant remove the 5 star dog potion. Period. Anyways thanks again, gave up in the end and just uninstalled fable3 and moved onto another game
Previous Topic: How to Traitor's Keep: Throne of Blood Unlocking?
Next Topic: How to create a daemon door before opening state?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 14:04:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01329 seconds