Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Mods » Five Star Dog Potion (How do I get rid of this fetid object?)
Five Star Dog Potion Tue, 08 March 2016 13:50 Go to next message
squark is currently offline  squark
So, I have all of the DLC working and loaded. What script do I need to add to get this unwanted heap out of my inventory?
Oh sure, it makes it easy to find everything and to get the Splade and Chickenbane upgrades, but half the fun of the game is discovery.
Please help. I can't go near the game with this item in place. With the mods (and no way of figuring out which weapons will be purchasable before reaching the location) there's very little reason to build a financial empire large enough to afford them.

On that subject, is Chickenbane a quest reward like Wolfsbane?

EDIT: * I can't move or delete this post myself for some reason. Somebody with the right authorisiation take care of that if you would Smile *

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2016 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Five Star Dog Potion Wed, 09 March 2016 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
maybe deleting DLC files (dlc_potions.bnk) will help, but I'm not tested it and maybe this file adding something else..
so, code to remove this shit
if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(QuestManager.HeroEntity, 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5') > 0 then
	Inventory.RemoveItemOfType(QuestManager.HeroEntity, 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5')
end

and alt version to reset dog training levels
if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(QuestManager.HeroEntity, 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5') > 0 then
	Inventory.RemoveItemOfType(QuestManager.HeroEntity, 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogStatsLevel5')
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_COMBAT, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_COMBAT))
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_TREASURE_HUNTING, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_TREASURE_HUNTING))
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_CHARISMA, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_CHARISMA))
end

Re: Five Star Dog Potion Sun, 13 March 2016 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Arto. It works like a charm, and now my game is about 75% better Very Happy
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Sat, 22 December 2018 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something weird is going on.
I have the alt version of this script inserted, but it's not resetting Dog Stats.
Also, I believe the Demon Door (Brightwall, Mistpeak) unlock mod is causing my Quests Completed to get bumped by 10 periodically.
I'm attaching both Script files that I'm using.
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Sun, 23 December 2018 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
scripts are OK
check you game\DLC installation
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Sun, 23 December 2018 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked and it's all okay. I couldn't figure it out so I just reinstalled everything.
It's all good now and thanks for getting back to me so soon.
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Fri, 02 July 2021 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoundBird93 is currently offline  SoundBird93
I'm awere that this is unlikely that someone will riply me after so many time pass, but still Razz
So where specific I should to write down this part of code?
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Fri, 02 July 2021 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoundBird93 is currently offline  SoundBird93
Artofeel wrote on Wed, 09 March 2016 04:10
maybe deleting DLC files (dlc_potions.bnk) will help, but I'm not tested it and maybe this file adding something else..
so, code to remove this shit
end

and alt version to reset dog training levels
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_COMBAT, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_COMBAT))
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_TREASURE_HUNTING, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_TREASURE_HUNTING))
	DogStats.SetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_CHARISMA, - DogStats.GetTrainingLevel(GetDog(GetLocalHero()), EDogTrainingType.DOG_TRAINING_TYPE_CHARISMA))
end
Re: Five Star Dog Potion Tue, 28 December 2021 02:14 Go to previous message
First thing is you'll need to make a folder for the mod files themselves. I personally use Fable 3\data\scripts\MyMod.
In there I have two files, MyScript01.lua and MyScript02.lua.
I slap the code into MyScript02.lua and it seems to work fine.
Be sure to use the indentation as indicated in Arto's code snippet.

You can make a blank text file to write it in then save it with the .lua extension instead of .txt. They MUST be lua files or they won't work.
Secondly, you'll need to edit dir.manifest (you can use a plain text editor for this as well) and add the address and name of the mod file(s) you're going to use to the end of the file.
For example: scripts\MyMod\MyScript02.lua

You're also going to need Script Injector. Make a folder in the base directory named DLC and put 10_ScriptInjector in there.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2021 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2
Next Topic: BigBust Mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:33:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01463 seconds