Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Weapon Upgrades (Help writing Catpaw script)
Weapon Upgrades Thu, 18 January 2018 18:02 Go to next message
I8AB2Day
I got scripts working, so the setup is already done. What I need help with is writing the script for upgrading the weapons.
From what I can tell, the script needs to look like this:
ScriptFunction.AddUpgradeStatToWeapon({amount_to_add = 2000, text_tag = "MORTAR_RANGE_SCORE"})

I keep reading about this globals.gdb file, which has information on the text_tag
values in the ScriptTag section, but that file does not exist, so that is where I am stuck.
Also, I am unsure if simply throwing that line of code into my Catpaw MyScript01.lua is the right thing to do.
My best guess is to put that code in, run into the weapon room, and be amazed as all the weapons I look at
that have that specific text_tag are suddenly finished. Does the amount need to be exact? Should I use MyScript02?
When I used the Mistpeak demon door script provided int he forum, it had a lot more then just one line
written in the script, and it worked as described, so I am wondering why this is only one line, and if it will work.
If needed, Discord is available, and when the issue is resolved, this post will be edited.
Re: Weapon Upgrades Sat, 27 January 2018 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
I8AB2Day wrote on Fri, 19 January 2018 07:02
but that file does not exist, so that is where I am stuck.
you need to extract it from... I don't remember from which game archive :D
Also, I am unsure if simply throwing that line of code into my Catpaw MyScript01.lua is the right thing to do.
My best guess is to put that code in, run into the weapon room, and be amazed as all the weapons I look at
that have that specific text_tag are suddenly finished. Does the amount need to be exact? Should I use MyScript02?
doesn't matter, as far as I remember it works only when the player takes this weapon
Re: Weapon Upgrades Sat, 27 January 2018 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I8AB2Day
Artofeel wrote on Sat, 27 January 2018 05:07
but that file does not exist, so that is where I am stuck.
you need to extract it from... I don't remember from which game archive Very Happy
doesn't matter, as far as I remember it works only when the player takes this weapon

I am not sure if you attempting to be funny, but I still have no clue where the globals.gdb file is located.
You've made if very clear that you have no read my entire post, so I will refrain from simply throwing scripts out there randomly into MyScript01.lua and MyScript02.lua for now.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 January 2018 05:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon Upgrades Wed, 31 January 2018 19:46 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
I8AB2Day wrote on Sat, 27 January 2018 05:24
but I still have no clue where the globals.gdb file is located.

There's no need to get snippy. Fable 3 wasn't built to be modded so you have to be prepared to do some hunting and a little legwork to get things done.

http://fable3mod.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=45&go to=84&#msg_84
Keshire wrote on Tue, 17 September 2013 08:19
asmcint wrote on Tue, 17 September 2013 08:13
Alrighty... TO THE HEX EDITOR.... when I feel up to dealing with it. Also, I'm gonna keep it on the front. Judging by where the effects go through that occasional glitch, it should look pretty freakin' sweet.

EDIT: Wait... Where is globals.gdb again? Embarrassed

I think it's in the levels bank. It's also updated for each DLC too.

Editor
http://fable3mod.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=256&s tart=0&

[Updated on: Wed, 31 January 2018 19:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Enemy randomization
Next Topic: [How to]... extract music from the installation ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:58:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01591 seconds