Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Need help with major bug (Invisible character)
Need help with major bug Sun, 07 June 2020 11:15 Go to next message
Beef Bowl is currently offline  Beef Bowl
It seems to be unrelated to my save, though restarting and reloading the save keeps the bug anyway. After opening the level 2 magic chest, my character is invisible, except weapons. I'd imagine that this could fix at level 3 magic, however that's a big chunk of the game to be broken.

I use a torrented repack version (I do own the game but it's broken as hecc) and that could be the cause. Is there some way to fix this through altering files or?

Edit: Got further now, (without upgrading magic) and it seems upgrading to level 3 also causes this. For some reason, level 1 did not. Also opening melee and ranged upgrades doesn't have the same effect, and it occurs at the exact moment the flash covers my character, and as it fades, he's invisible. If I remember correctly I believe that the gauntlet model or texture changes in that moment.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2020 18:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with major bug Sun, 07 June 2020 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
squark is currently offline  squark
Beef Bowl wrote on Sun, 07 June 2020 19:15
It seems to be unrelated to my save, though restarting and reloading the save keeps the bug anyway. After opening the level 2 magic chest, my character is invisible, except weapons. I'd imagine that this could fix at level 3 magic, however that's a big chunk of the game to be broken.

I use a torrented repack version (I do own the game but it's broken as hecc) and that could be the cause. Is there some way to fix this through altering files or?

Edit: Got further now, (without upgrading magic) and it seems upgrading to level 3 also causes this. For some reason, level 1 did not. Also opening melee and ranged upgrades doesn't have the same effect, and it occurs at the exact moment the flash covers my character, and as it fades, he's invisible. If I remember correctly I believe that the gauntlet model or texture changes in that moment.
I can't say for sure what worked for me will work for you.
I got this as well when I was using Keshire's Blacksmithing mod. It really shouldn't have been interfering but it seems to have been.
I removed it and started over. Played up until opening the level 2 Magic chest and made a backup of my saves.
Opening it up and fearing the worst... Nothing out-of-the-ordinary happened. Now, to repeat the process with the level 3 Magic chest.

Still okay. I chalked it down to a save bork. Check what mods you're running. Get to that point again, make a backup and start changing your mod setup. There's got to be something not quite right in there.
Re: Need help with major bug Mon, 08 June 2020 02:05 Go to previous message
Beef Bowl is currently offline  Beef Bowl
I am in fact running that mod. And, clearly you are an absolute legend. Because that was the problem. I deleted the DLC folder, opened the chest, perfectly fine. My guess is an issue in a certain file I'll mention on the post there.
Previous Topic: Problem with scripting for furniture items
Next Topic: Improved script injection method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:25:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01675 seconds