Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Mods » Blacksmithing Mod 0.2
Blacksmithing Mod 0.2 Sun, 05 April 2020 22:52 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
So here we go, the 0.2 version of the blacksmithing mod.

Currently it takes the melee weapon in the sheathe and randomizes the augments every 3 successful hits in a row. The player will hold the weapon while blacksmithing now instead of magically morphing while still sheathed.

I've included a content.xbx for people that use an xlive remover that needs them. Just extract to a higher priority dlc folder. ie data/mod3 or DLC/04_KeshireDLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbOOq8hWkMA
  • Attachment: Content.zip
    (Size: 31.08KB, Downloaded 1314 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 10 April 2020 20:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2 Mon, 08 June 2020 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beef Bowl is currently offline  Beef Bowl
There's an issue with this that I, and at least one other person have encountered which is when opening the chest to get either level 2 or level 3 magic, and likely the rest too. Which is, your character, permanently, turns invisible for some reason. My guess as not even an amateur would be that it's due to the weaponvisualchanges.lua file under scripts\miscellaneous with the section

end
function VisualChangeScripts.GauntletVisualChangeScript(applied_augments, weapon_entity)
	local visual_changes = {}
	return visual_changes
end

I've tested a little bit and noticed it occurs at the exact moment the model and/or texture should change, during the flash of light, it only occurs when opening the chests and if you are already at level 2 or 3 magic then you install, you aren't invisible. The exact level is likely meaningless.
So, as a total guess, I'd imagine there's some flaw in that section of the visual change which APPEARS to involve nothing at all currently.

EDIT: I should also mention a possible workaround that MAY break your save but all I can confirm is that it avoids the invisibility glitch, is installing the mod at the blacksmith, using it to get the desired result, then uninstalling before messing with gauntlets at all.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 June 2020 11:06]

Re: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2 Sat, 19 December 2020 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy180084 is currently offline  andy180084
I can confirm that my character turned invisible when opening the level 3 magic chest
Re: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2 Mon, 27 September 2021 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urath0118 is currently offline  urath0118
You only turn invisible with flames gauntlet. IMO not really a big deal since there are other spells. Not sure if this translates to others setups? tested on both Blacksmithing and Keshire's Lucien guard mod.
Re: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2 Thu, 09 December 2021 17:05 Go to previous message
Phnx is currently offline  Phnx
This mod is awesome! Any way this could be used for the ranged weapon as well?

BTW - I have kind of solved the issue with the invisible character:

My character turns invisible using ice storm, vortex and force push gauntlets. You have to restore the original weaponlevels.lua. The modified one causes this bug. And use
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ITEM_NAME')
to get working copies of the gauntlets into your inventory.

Replace ITEM_NAME with:

ObjectClothingSpellGauntletEnflame
ObjectClothingSpellGauntletLightning
ObjectClothingSpellGauntletSwords
ObjectClothingSpellGauntletVortex
ObjectClothingSpellGauntletIceStorm
ObjectClothingSpellGauntletForcePush

Example:
Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectClothingSpellGauntletForcePush')

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2021 14:10]

Previous Topic: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix
Next Topic: Five Star Dog Potion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:07:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01309 seconds