Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » DLC Unlocking discussion (merged)
Re: Understone Sun, 27 October 2013 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
StellKilo wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 19:59

Keshire wrote on Sat, 26 October 2013 19:34
I thought it was something you picked up along the way during the quest? Like in a chest or something?

That's what I thought too, which is why I ignored the fact that I didn't get it. I like to collect sets in this game, and the only I'm missing at the moment is that, so I checked on the wiki. It says you get it straight away from the dlc loading (which I didn't). Plus, I already beat Traitor's Keep Embarrassed.

it's something in
scripts\miscellaneous\dlc2_unlocks.lua
but the easiest way to get it:
if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectSuitSoldier') == 0 then
	Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectSuitSoldier')
end

if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogClockwork') == 0 then
	Inventory.AddItemOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogClockwork')
end
Re: Understone Sun, 27 October 2013 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StellKilo is currently offline  StellKilo
Artofeel wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 10:14

I thought it was something you picked up along the way during the quest? Like in a chest or something?

That's what I thought too, which is why I ignored the fact that I didn't get it. I like to collect sets in this game, and the only I'm missing at the moment is that, so I checked on the wiki. It says you get it straight away from the dlc loading (which I didn't). Plus, I already beat Traitor's Keep Embarrassed.

it's something in
if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectSuitSoldier') == 0 then
end

if Inventory.GetNumberOfItemsOfType(GetLocalHero(), 'ObjectInventoryPotionDogClockwork') == 0 then
end

Where would I put this? I'm not the greatest with this scripting Embarrassed.
Re: Understone Sun, 27 October 2013 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
StellKilo wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 10:26

it's something in
end

end

Since you're using GFWL, how are you modifying scripts? just injecting them back into the traitor's keep DLC?

Because personally, I'd just overwrite the entire scripts\miscellaneous\dlc2_unlocks.lua with

function dlc2_unlock()
	end

end
end

Because the rest of the script just looks to be dealing with GFWL offer GUI crap.

There's actually quite a bit more to it though if you check out weaponinventory.lua
That contains these functions.
Debug.AddAllDLC1Items()
Debug.AddAllDLC2Items()
Debug.AddDLCDogBreedPack()

[Updated on: Sun, 27 October 2013 20:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Understone Mon, 28 October 2013 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Sun, 27 October 2013 20:07

it's something in
end

end

Since you're using GFWL, how are you modifying scripts? just injecting them back into the traitor's keep DLC?

Because personally, I'd just overwrite the entire scripts\miscellaneous\dlc2_unlocks.lua with

function dlc2_unlock()
	end

end
end

Because the rest of the script just looks to be dealing with GFWL offer GUI crap.

There's actually quite a bit more to it though if you check out weaponinventory.lua
Debug.AddAllDLC1Items()
Debug.AddAllDLC2Items()

Yeah, I'm rebuilding the bnks as I go along. It does work with GFWL though, which I guess is an accomplishment Laughing (or something).

By overwrite the scripts, do you mean to decompile the lua with ChunkSpy, then take the TXT and overwrite everything, then rename the .txt to a .lua and rebuild the bnk with that? (cause last time I did it that way, my whole game started falling apart Confused Wink

Off topic : I question the shortcut for the winking smiley being the right parenthesis symbol...
Re: Understone Mon, 28 October 2013 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
StellKilo wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 13:40

it's something in
end

end

function dlc2_unlock()
	end

end
end

Debug.AddAllDLC1Items()
Debug.AddAllDLC2Items()

Yeah, I'm rebuilding the bnks as I go along. It does work with GFWL though, which I guess is an accomplishment Laughing (or something).

By overwrite the scripts, do you mean to decompile the lua with ChunkSpy, then take the TXT and overwrite everything, then rename the .txt to a .lua and rebuild the bnk with that? (cause last time I did it that way, my whole game started falling apart Confused Wink

Off topic : I question the shortcut for the winking smiley being the right parenthesis symbol...

Smiley's borked. XD

Don't even bother with chunkspy. Just paste that function into a text file called dlc2_unlocks.lua and replace the one in traitor's keep. Also of note is anything you place in the traitor's keep banks will overwrite the base game and undertownDLC. But man that'd be a pain the ass. We need to find a way to remove the GFWL while still allowing multiplayer.
Re: Understone Tue, 29 October 2013 13:18 Go to previous message
Keshire wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 14:10
StellKilo wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 13:40

it's something in
end

end

function dlc2_unlock()
	end

end
end

Debug.AddAllDLC1Items()
Debug.AddAllDLC2Items()

Smiley's borked. XD

Don't even bother with chunkspy. Just paste that function into a text file called dlc2_unlocks.lua and replace the one in traitor's keep. Also of note is anything you place in the traitor's keep banks will overwrite the base game and undertownDLC. But man that'd be a pain the ass. We need to find a way to remove the GFWL while still allowing multiplayer.

Teknogods were able to make a multiplayer hack program that would ignore GFWL with Resident Evil 5. I just searched their site for Fable III, but seeing how the game was a flunk to most people, I don't think they believe it's a "valuable" game to spend that much time on.

I'm trying out that script in second, got the bnk rebuilding as I type. Very Happy
Edit: Nope, didn't work. Though I just did traitor's keep's script. Not really a big deal if I can't get those, it would just feel more interesting to have them collected. Thanks Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2013 13:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: translation Fable 3
Next Topic: Override Assets issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:57:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01559 seconds