Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Override Assets issues
Override Assets issues Sat, 02 November 2013 07:36 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
Could use some insight on what I might be doing wrong. I'm trying to pack some models into a bank, and while it's obvious the game knows what I'm trying to do, they still aren't showing up for whatever reason. hammer_head is untouched/retail. And the scripts run just fine.

DLC.bnk
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_large\hammer_head_auroran_large.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_medium\hammer_head_auroran_medium.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_small\hammer_head_auroran_small.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_shaft_auroran\hammer_shaft_auroran.bak
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_shaft_auroran\hammer_shaft_auroran.mdl
package_info.xml
scripts\miscellaneous\newgame.lua
scripts\quests\qc190_castleassassin.lua
scripts\quests\scriptactivation.lua

http://i.imgur.com/JS5lIaal.png

Removing them from the bank obviously works. So what am I doing wrong here? Do I need to put them in a bank within the bank with a vfsstartup to force them into memory or something?

ala
<Bank Path="globals/globals_models.bnk" Mode="memory" />

Re: Override Assets issues Sat, 02 November 2013 09:16 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
Got it working. I'm not sure if I overdid it or not without fully testing but...
globals\globals_model_headers.bnk
globals\globals_model_headers.bnk.dat
globals\globals_models.bnk
globals\globals_models.bnk.dat
package_info.xml
scripts\miscellaneous\newgame.lua
scripts\quests\qc190_castleassassin.lua
scripts\quests\scriptactivation.lua
startup.vfsconfig

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="utf-8"?>
<VFSConfig ID="fable3">

<!--  Universal Banks -->
	<Group Mountable="false">
		<Bank ID="globals_model_headers" Path="globals/globals_model_headers.bnk" Mode="memory" />
	</Group>

<!-- Globals Models and Textures -->
	<Composite>
		<Required><Ref ID="globals_model_headers" Mode="memory"/></Required>
		<Required><Bank Path="globals/globals_models.bnk"/></Required>
	</Composite>
</VFSConfig>

I also included the streaming file with the model
headers
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_large\hammer_head_auroran_large.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_medium\hammer_head_auroran_medium.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_head_auroran_small\hammer_head_auroran_small.mdl
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_shaft_auroran\hammer_shaft_auroran.mdl

models (.gmd is from streaming.bnk)
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_shaft_auroran\hammer_shaft_auroran.bak
art\inventory\multimeshweapons\dotxsi\hammer_shaft_auroran\hammer_shaft_auroran.mdl.gmd

I blanked out one of the submeshes on the shaft
http://i.imgur.com/VScX7Rt.png
Previous Topic: DLC Unlocking discussion (merged)
Next Topic: I'm curious
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:04:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01629 seconds