Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Improved script injection method (Console workaround)
Improved script injection method Sun, 16 November 2014 06:30 Go to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
This method allows you to make changes to the script without relaunching the game

Setup:
use Catspaw's GFWL emu
Put DLC folder to Fable 3 game directory
create folders: data\scripts\MyMod
create text files MyScript01.lua and MyScript02.lua inside "data\scripts\MyMod" directory
open dir.manifest (inside "data" directory) with notepad and add:
scripts\MyMod\MyScript01.lua
scripts\MyMod\MyScript02.lua

MyScript01.lua is executed once per 60 frames (one second on 60fps rendering)
MyScript02.lua is executed only when screen is fading

now make little test
start game
alt+tab
write in MyScript01.lua
Debug.SetUseFreeCamera(true)

alt+tab to game
now you can fly around
then alt+tab to notepad and replace TRUE to FALSE
Debug.SetUseFreeCamera(false)

alt+tab to game, camera should go back to normal :)

For modders:
I used DEMO001 quest code, so if you used it too, you need to replaced it

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 05:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Improved script injection method Thu, 24 September 2015 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGeniusSavant is currently offline  TheGeniusSavant
I've written a nifty little script into myScript02

Toggle spoiler

It tops you up to 100 potions of each type every time the screen fades to black... (since I'm so filthy rich, it's only an annoyance to have to go buy potions... never mind that I'm virtually invincible at this point, anyway...)

[Updated on: Thu, 24 September 2015 14:03]

Re: Improved script injection method Fri, 25 September 2015 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGeniusSavant is currently offline  TheGeniusSavant
Yeah... got tired of the kiddos sending me all over Albion looking for Toy Bows and Porcelain Dolls... so I added this... I <3 LUA!!!

Toggle spoiler
Re: Improved script injection method Thu, 25 May 2017 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thatoneperson is currently offline  Thatoneperson
For some reason I had to change the lines

RunScript("scripts\\MyMod\\MyScript02.lua")
RunScript("scripts\\MyMod\\MyScript01.lua")

to

RunScript("MyMod/MyScript01.lua")
RunScript("MyMod/MyScript02.lua")

Before this started working.
I'm not sure if it's something unique to my installation, but I thought I would share in case it helps anyone else.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2017 12:06]

Re: Improved script injection method Sat, 03 February 2018 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaintLucifer1776 is currently offline  SaintLucifer1776
I spent the last two hours getting this down as I personally didn't feel like hunting for anything. It gives you all cosmetics, clothing, normal furniture,collectible paintings, weapons, spells, gifts, and 100 potions (Admittedly I stole the code for the gifts and potions from TheGeniusSavant). Wait until you've at least gotten to be able to use all modes of weapons normally before using it, otherwise I've heard your game will freeze if you try to enter the road to rule for the first time if you have all weapons.

In hindsight, I should have put this as MyScript02 as I have multiples of gauntlets in my armory. What that means for spell weaving is anyone's guess. Other than that, it should have no problems.

On another note, thank you guys so much for keeping this forum up and running with great information as I don't know what I'd do without it for modding this game! Hopefully we can do similar, if not greater stuff with Fable 4 whenever that's released.
Re: Improved script injection method Tue, 04 December 2018 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JdMclovin is currently offline  JdMclovin
Revisiting Fable iii after a long break. I used this script injector with no problems under the Windows 8 o/s. The script injector doesn't seem to work with Win 10 x64 Home (insider build 1501). I did try the syntax change mentioned a few posts before. Is there anything that needs to change to get it working in Win 10 x64?
Re: Improved script injection method Tue, 04 December 2018 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably this version of Catspaw's GFWL emu doesn't work on win10
did you try to update it?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2018 22:06]

Re: Improved script injection method Wed, 05 December 2018 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried catspaw xlive 15A, 15B, 15C, and 15D.
It's strange, The entries I have in MyScript01.lua are working, where I set wealth to 100 and building condition to "normal" for a village I visit.
However, MyScript02.lua isn't working where I used to run scripts to open Mistpeak Demon door and other things.
Example for Mistpeak demon door..
if not Layers.IsLayerActive("QD030_MistpeakValleyDemonDoorTransition") then
	QuestTracker.SetAsCompleted(GetLocalHero(), "QD030_MistpeakValleyDemonDoor")
	Layers.ActivateLayer("QD030_MistpeakValleyDemonDoorTransition")
end
The above won't work in either of the .lua files.
Re: Improved script injection method Sat, 08 December 2018 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so 15D is the latest version, don't tracked it for a long time..
I have win7, can't help you with win10
there is high probability that something with the game paths (or rights)
did you try different installation folder? (if you install Fable to Program Files ofc)
Re: Improved script injection method Sat, 08 December 2018 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok...figured out the problem. I had modded levels.bnk to where I removed the intro movies on game startup. In doing so, it prevented any scripting from working in the injector, such as scripts I had mentioned in prior post. I reset levels.bnk to original and then scripting in the injector was working again.
Re: Improved script injection method Mon, 30 March 2020 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XanWasting is currently offline  XanWasting
I can't get the scipt injector file :<
it redirects me to a blank page with address ww.fable3mod.net/forums/index.php?t=getfile&id=89&
Does someone have a copy please?
Re: Improved script injection method Mon, 30 March 2020 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's working for me
here the mirror
www.mediafire.com/file/ryrd4hxk9fhqjgs
Re: Improved script injection method Tue, 31 March 2020 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XanWasting is currently offline  XanWasting
Thank you, this link works.
Re: Improved script injection method Tue, 02 June 2020 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dischord is currently offline  Dischord
I am brand new to modding games so I'm not sure if I understood where the files are supposed to be placed. I set it up GameFiles/data/scripts/MyMod/then the myscripts 01 and 02.lua. Its not working for me so I definitely did something wrong, I have the GFWL emu and I copy pasted the script injector into the GameFiles folder. Where am I supposed to place the lua folders so that they work for me?
Re: Improved script injection method Wed, 03 June 2020 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
squark is currently offline  squark
Dischord wrote on Wed, 03 June 2020 05:22
I am brand new to modding games so I'm not sure if I understood where the files are supposed to be placed. I set it up GameFiles/data/scripts/MyMod/then the myscripts 01 and 02.lua. Its not working for me so I definitely did something wrong, I have the GFWL emu and I copy pasted the script injector into the GameFiles folder. Where am I supposed to place the lua folders so that they work for me?
Take out any spaces in your lua filenames so that they look like this:
MyScript01.lua
MyScript02.lua
They're in the right place, though.
Hang on. Where did your game come from that it has a "Gamefiles" folder? Mine doesn't. (Probably unimportant)

You probably missed this, but you're going to have to edit dir.manifest to add these two lines
scripts\MyMod\MyScript01.lua
scripts\MyMod\MyScript02.lua
Put them right at the end of the file and save it.

dir.manifest is found in the /data/ folder. It's actually just a plain text file that tells the game what files to load and where they are.

Does your version come with the DLC?
If it does (and it honestly should), there should be a "DLC" folder somewhere. Put the Script Injector in there. Not loose files, in a folder that the game will load; something like "10_ScriptInjector".
Also, the gfwl emu can go in there as well.

Inside, the folders should contain a content.xbx file and a Content folder which should have three more files in it.
The xlive.ini and xlive.dll files should go in the base folder (Which would be your Gamefiles folder).
Re: Improved script injection method Tue, 09 June 2020 10:11 Go to previous message
FalseZen is currently offline  FalseZen
This is helpful Squark, thanks!
Previous Topic: Need help with major bug
Next Topic: [Mod Request]Dragging villagers to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01556 seconds