Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Weapon Modifications (global.gdb weapon modding)
Weapon Modifications Sun, 24 January 2016 21:26 Go to next message
Loopy is currently offline  Loopy
Hi, I have used the great infos and tools here and I thought I would share this spreadsheet for weapon modding. It contains offsets and values and allows quite a few modifications through hex editing. It is an amateur work and far from what a true editor could do though.
Note : Only for Traitor's Keep DLC global.gdb, use with open office.
Re: Weapon Modifications Tue, 29 November 2016 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JdMclovin is currently offline  JdMclovin
Thank you very much for the data on weapons.
I was able to easily reduce the requirements for weapon upgrades down to very low values (such as a value of 1). It really cuts out the crazy amount of grinding in the game, just to get the upgrades. The only thing that wasn't documented were the offsets to change the qty of "evil expressions" to upgrade some of the weapons. There's only a few weapons where the evil expression upgrade is useful (to where you gain some damage points). So, evil expressions remain the only thing that requires grinding.
Re: Weapon Modifications Fri, 30 December 2016 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loopy is currently offline  Loopy
Hi JdMclovin, the offset you are looking for is 0x00164B10 (default value 50) and is the same offset for all the weapons requiring evil expressions (it was in the "Extras" sheet of the .ods file).
Re: Weapon Modifications Fri, 30 December 2016 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senistero is currently offline  Senistero
Nice job, putting all of this together must took a lot of time. So, aside from a very few augmentations you can upgrade manually through script command, hex editing is the only way to at least lower their requirements? Shame i dont know anything about how to use that.
Re: Weapon Modifications Sat, 07 January 2017 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JdMclovin is currently offline  JdMclovin
Loopy wrote on Fri, 30 December 2016 07:55
Hi JdMclovin, the offset you are looking for is 0x00164B10 (default value 50) and is the same offset for all the weapons requiring evil expressions (it was in the "Extras" sheet of the .ods file).

That was my fault for not looking at the other worksheets you had provided. Made the change to qty requirement, per the offset stated, and it works as expected. Thanks again for all of this weapon information.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 January 2017 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon Modifications Fri, 15 September 2017 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiyafox is currently offline  kiyafox
umm im new here and im trying to figure out how to use this but i cant sem to figure it out can someone give a noobs guide to useing this
Re: Weapon Modifications Sat, 30 December 2017 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Selkor is currently offline  Selkor
I kind of agree as I'm not sure how to actually go about editing the weapons in the global file. I extracted everything but when I open Global.gdp it's just gibberish.
Re: Weapon Modifications Tue, 13 March 2018 12:41 Go to previous message
RyanBurnsRed is currently offline  RyanBurnsRed
There is a lot of information here, but a lot of it is not noob friendly and requires you to do a lot of research with a bit of trial and error.

With that said, I think I've figured out how to use this spreadsheet. You're going to need two programs: BlackDemon's BNK tool found here and Keshire's GDBEditor found here

I'll write this with the assumption that you have both Understone and Traitor's Keep DLC, and that you're a complete newbie to this like I am.

I'm also assuming you are using Catspaw's xlive and your DLC folder is structured like this. If you're confused then check squark's post here, then the previous link should make a bit more sense.

The weapon I modified was The Inquisitor sword.

1. Open BnkBrowser.exe, then press Open and navigate to Fable 3 > DLC > 02_TraitorsKeep > Content and open dlc2free.bnk <-- make a backup of this file first!!!
2. Press Extract all and create a new folder on your desktop. You can name it if you want but I just kept it as New Folder. Press OK and wait till it's done.
3. Once that's done, close BnkBrowser and open the new folder, then open the globals folder.
4. Copy GDBEditor into the globals folder.
5. Open GDBEditor.exe from inside the globals folder. If my assumptions are true and you have everything right so far, you should see this
6. Check the Extrapolate parent/child box and the globals.gdb box. Now you'll need to have the spreadsheet from the OP downloaded and opened.
7. Find the weapon you want to raise/lower the requirements for. As I said I'm going to choose The Inquisitor sword.
8. Scroll down until you find this section. This screenshot shows the whole page for a better idea of where it is.
9. The values you're interested in are the last 3: #Condition (1), (2), (3). First, type a # in the search bar in GDBEditor, then copy the value for one of the conditions of your choosing into the search bar and press Search. I'm going to choose the third condition, which requires me to kill 150 villagers or soldiers.
10. You should then have this
11. Expand globals.gdb until you find the condition in question you want to change. Make sure it matches up with the spreadsheet. For example, scroll down on the spreadsheet until you get to condition 3. You should see NumberToKill: 150. This is what you want to look for in GDBEditor. So look for NumberToKill, expand it, and you should see 150.
12. Triple click on the number and type the number you want. I wanted to lower this requirement so I put in 1. I'll now have to kill just one villager or soldier to upgrade the sword. Do this for each condition you want and press Save Changes at the top right each time. Once you're done close the editor.
13. Go back to your globals folder that you have on your desktop and delete GDBEditor.exe
14. Open BnkCreator.exe and press the Add folder(s) button. Click on the folder you created on your desktop (mine is still called new folder) and press OK. Then you want to press the Create button.
15. It'll ask you where to save the new archive. Navigate back to the folder in step 1 and overwrite it.

Now you're done. Load up your game and test it out. Hope someone else will find this helpful!
Previous Topic: [How to]... extract music from the installation ?
Next Topic: How to extract speech file ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:17:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01637 seconds