Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » How to use scripts if dlcs are installed
How to use scripts if dlcs are installed Fri, 05 May 2017 03:26 Go to next message
vipul700 is currently offline  vipul700
I have installed fable 3 with all dlcs
but i cannot able to unlock weapons or anything else through scripts
can anyone give me step by step instructions how to use scripts in fable 3 with dlcs installed
Re: How to use scripts if dlcs are installed Sat, 01 July 2017 11:41 Go to previous message
squark is currently offline  squark
First and foremost, you'll need a couple more files.
You'll need a modified dir.manifest (should be easy enoguh to find) and catspaw's GFWL emulator (labelled 15d, also linked on this forum).
Overwrite the existing dir.manifest in the data folder (or rename it for safety reasons) and place the GFWL emulator files in the main game folder.
Create a folder in the data\scripts folder called MyMod (or anything you like) and in it create as many mod files as you want - generally one or two is best.
These can be text files, but once you're finished writing the mods, you'll want to change the extension to .lua.
At the end of the new dir.manifest, insert this line (you can open it in Notepad or any text editor) if it doesn't already exist:
scripts\MyMod(or whatever you called it)\MyScript01.lua

And more, if you have more mod scripts for the game to run, ie: scripts\MyMod\MyScript02.lua and so on...
You'll also need to find the ScriptInjector and the DLC_xlive_removal.

Lastly, find the DLC links on this forum and give them their own folders like this:
01_Understone
02_TraitorsKeep
10_ScriptInjector
90_DLC_xlive_removal
Place the correspondng DLC packs into these folders within a folder labelled DLC in the main folder.

This next bit isn't needed, but it's something I've done:
A small tip - if you have about 6GB+ RAM available, you can safely modify the startup.vsconfig file as well.
You can have it load everything BUT the audio.lod into memory (it's unadvisable, there's lots of little enviromental audio effects there) by doing the following:
For every line (expect for <Bank Path="audio_lod.bnk"/>) that doesn't have a Mode="memory" before the /> in it, add it. Here's an example:
modify lines like this: <Required><Bank Path="globals/globals_textures.bnk"</Required>
to look like this: <Required><Bank Path="globals/globals_textures.bnk" Mode="memory"/></Required>
Be warned, it can increase load times and cause animation lag in larger population zones like Brightwall.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
For mod scripting help, just look around the forum. Just about anything you could want is here already.
Previous Topic: Dlc purchased through steam
Next Topic: Dlc on steam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:35:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01627 seconds