Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Modding Discussion » Change Dog Breed Pre-Sanctuary Access? (+ the answer to a question I asked years ago on the off chance someone wants to know...)
Change Dog Breed Pre-Sanctuary Access? Tue, 04 September 2018 21:41 Go to next message
HidetheKitchenKnives is currently offline  HidetheKitchenKnives
Not sure if an answer is possible as I'm super late to the party again, but here we go. Is there some way I can turn my hero's dog into a doberman before I get access to the sanctuary?

I tried swapping the model outright, but that just got me an invisible dog. I've been looking into a scripting option, but I understand very little of what I'm looking at. Is there a way to script giving the dog the doberman potion? Or accessing the sanctuary early so I can change it that way? Or just some kind of SetBreed thing?

I know it's a small thing and you're without the sanctuary for such a short segment of the game. I just like consistency.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, last time I was here, I had a question concerning dye color and using scripts to change hair/clothing colors pre-sanctuary (surprise!). I actually figured out the answer to that one. It works really well and I find it better than dying things via the sanctuary as the use of RGB values allows for any color you want instead of just the available dyes. Again, really late, but here's how if anyone is interested:

Debug.SetHeroWornItemDyeColour('ObjectClothingTrousersPrincessPracticalF', true, 166, 121, 210, 0.05)
Debug.SetHeroWornItemDyeColour('ObjectClothingTrousersPrincessPracticalF', false, 255, 155, 0, 0.65)

You need the object ID of the clothing/hair your hero is currently wearing which goes between the single quotes. In this example it's the Practical Princess Skirt. In this instance "true" means "Main Dye Color" and "false" means "Trim Dye Color". Following that are the RGB values in order. Thus on the first line, "166" is the RED value, "121" is the GREEN value, and "210" is the BLUE value giving us a nice purple not possible with the current dyes. The last number, "0.05" controls the lightness and darkness of the color. The lower the number, the darker the color. You can use negative values.

And that's it. You can add these lines with your changes to Artofeel's Script Injector mod (MyScript01.lua or MyScript02.lua) as is and they'll function. ZackTiro's method will work too.

Here's an ingame example of some color changes done with this method.
/forums/index.php?t=getfile&id=148&private=0

Also, I've tweaked several of the make up textures as well as some of the color masks for the clothes to look nicer (excluding the gold accents from being dye-able on the Elegant Princess Bodice for instance). I can upload those too if anyone wants 'em.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2018 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change Dog Breed Pre-Sanctuary Access? Mon, 10 September 2018 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
There's obviously a way to do it. It should be some bit of scripting that the sanctuary already has in it's script I assume.

Probably in the gui or guild lua script. Maybe GUI_Dog:StateEnum(self)
Re: Change Dog Breed Pre-Sanctuary Access? Tue, 11 September 2018 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HidetheKitchenKnives is currently offline  HidetheKitchenKnives
First off, thanks for the response. I wasn't expecting, but I was hoping someone might still be around. :3

I've come across a couple things poking through the scripts you suggested plus a couple others:

guildnew.lua has GUI_Dogbed in it after GUI_Dog:StateEnum.

3dguienums.lua has GUI_SIDE_MENU_ENTRY_DOG_BREEDS in it which is one of like three mentions of breeds I've found.

guildcallbackfunctions.lua has IsDogAlreadySideMenuBreed and GUI_AllDogBreedPotions.

guildroomssingle.lua has TUTORIAL_DOG_CHANGE_BREED and Dog_Breed_Changed.

guildutilityfunctions.lua has stuff about training the dog, but that's about it.

There is a mention of the dog as a collie in miscfuntions.lua like CreatureDogACSColie, ReplacementACSCollie, and DogCollet.

The thing is I have no idea what to do with that information or if any of it is even relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm not sure where else to look either. I'm not seeing any other gui/sanctuary related scripts except under the gameface folder which seem to have more to do with the actual UI rather than the workings of the Sanctuary. :/

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2018 04:33]

Re: Change Dog Breed Pre-Sanctuary Access? Sat, 22 December 2018 09:27 Go to previous message
squark is currently offline  squark
Never mind. Wrong post. Also, can't delete this post for some reason.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 December 2018 09:29]

Previous Topic: Help fixing broken quest?
Next Topic: Forcing an outfit to be worn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:00:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01476 seconds