Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Tools » BlackDemon's BNK Utils
BlackDemon's BNK Utils Mon, 09 September 2013 18:38 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
These are tools to extract, list, and create banks.

As a side note:
Creating banks requires a bit of finesse because they require DLC package definition files to be included. I'll list out the workflow in a different post.
  • Attachment: BNKUtils.zip
    (Size: 89.99KB, Downloaded 6038 times)
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Tue, 24 September 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacody is currently offline  jacody
Shocked This is amazing, but it seems that it can't extract any model or texture data. Are you working on a way to do that, or...?
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Tue, 24 September 2013 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacody wrote on Tue, 24 September 2013 14:52
Shocked This is amazing, but it seems that it can't extract any model or texture data. Are you working on a way to do that, or...?

It should extract the model(mdl) and texture(tex) files. But there's not much you can do with them until I get a chance to upload the tex2dds converter, and the blender plugin.

Be aware though, that you need to pull the actual model/texture banks out of the levels.bnk

http://i.imgur.com/YcJ2UHB.png
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Wed, 25 September 2013 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Tue, 24 September 2013 18:00
jacody wrote on Tue, 24 September 2013 14:52

It should extract the model(mdl) and texture(tex) files. But there's not much you can do with them until I get a chance to upload the tex2dds converter, and the blender plugin.

Be aware though, that you need to pull the actual model/texture banks out of the levels.bnk

I tried to extract the model DAT files without knowing exactly "how" the game organized/used different file types, so thanks for correcting me.

As an aside to further help anyone else trying to figure this out, you have to extract the levels BNK into the core Fable III data folder (the one that you extract everything from originally.) After that, you can extract the models and textures by using BlackDemon's files to access the folder you just made. The file path is levels>globals>globals_models (and "_textures"), and THEN you can extract them. Afterwards, you'll have to wait for BlackDemon to finish his Blender plugin unless you feel like making your own.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2013 18:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Wed, 25 September 2013 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacody wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 18:30
Afterwards, you'll have to wait for BlackDemon to finish his Blender plugin unless you feel like making your own.

Keshire's blender plugin. Razz

I just need some time to dig them out of an archive of old forum data.
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Wed, 25 September 2013 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 18:51
jacody wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 18:30
Afterwards, you'll have to wait for BlackDemon to finish his Blender plugin unless you feel like making your own.

Keshire's blender plugin. Razz

I just need some time to dig them out of an archive of old forum data.

Oh crap I'm sorry! I saw your username and somehow wrote that anyway! Massive brain fart right there! Embarrassed Laughing

And hey, take all the time you need. It's been a while since Fable 3 actually came out, and the modding scene seemed virtually nonexistant. Finding out that something is actually going on here is an awesome surprise, and I think I can wait a little longer to get started modding.
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Sun, 14 December 2014 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bobbythejobby is currently offline  bobbythejobby
I have been trying for 3 days to extract creature_nightcrawler.bnk with these utilities. They dont work when I extract the nightcrawler.bnk(2700kb) It just creates another nightcrawler.bnk file at 1kb. How to I extract creature audio????
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Thu, 17 September 2015 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheGeniusSavant is currently offline  TheGeniusSavant
Keshire,

Did you ever find that Blender plugin? All I've seen is a Blender EXPORT plugin, but no Blender IMPORT plugin.

EDIT: Dum de dum dum... Never mind, I guess I broke rule #1... Embarrassed I apologize!!! I'm almost POSITIVE I had looked through all the tools for an mdl tool and not found one, but my mind is NOT what it used to be... sorry...

Regards,
TGS

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2015 04:08]

Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Wed, 14 December 2016 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kallix289 is currently offline  Kallix289
So for some reason my tool isn't working, no matter what I do it just extracts empty files

------------Edit fixed it, apparently I had the file in the wrong dir

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2016 11:30]

Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Fri, 17 March 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bobbythejobby is currently offline  bobbythejobby
All the .wav audio files I extract using this tool from speech.bnk always come out corrupted/unplayable. How do you extract them properly?
Re: BlackDemon's BNK Utils Sat, 18 March 2017 10:17 Go to previous message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
you need to convert them
use this
http://fable3mod.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=68&st art=0
Previous Topic: xlive
Next Topic: ChunkSpy for KoreVM Lua
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:41:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01410 seconds