Fable3mod
Discussions for modifying Fable 3

Home » Modding Forums » Mods » Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix (Traitor's Keep DLC fixes)
Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Mon, 09 September 2013 23:11 Go to next message
Artofeel is currently offline  Artofeel
first bug detail described here for example
in two words, if you cast directed spell or directed spell casted in you, the game freeze, but the animation and the sound continues to play...
Thus there is a memory leak, and game falls when is reach 4 gigabytes (limit for 32bit aplication on 64bit OS)

I have this happen with the two heroes, and in both cases it only happened when the total time played was more than 50 hours.

bug is in this script:
scripts\miscellaneous\saveload\postscriptsloaded.lua

in the function:
WatchDog.AssassinsRushAlphaFix.Update()

I did not correct the problem itself, as script is compiled, and there's a lot of functions...instead I made ​​sure that this function has never been performed.

the second bug is associated with the robodog sounds
after loading a saved game, the sounds in robodog become the same as a normal dog.
even though the script was compiled, I managed to completely rewrite it, so now everything is working as it should.

place extracted files to:
for catspaw's GFWL emu
..\Fable 3\DLC\99_dlc2_fixes\
for timeslip GFWL remover
..\Fable 3\Data\mod9\
*create folders if they did not exist

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Mon, 16 September 2013 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are still a few bugs that are related
ie if you have "direction spell freeze" then you have the others

first: The camera freeze after leaving the sanctuary
You can control the hero, but the camera is not moving for a few seconds

second: infinitely lot of guards, like this
how many guards needed to catch one hero? Very Happy
rather testily, as this leads to strong slowdown FPS...

we really need to decompile this script:
from the last DLC (scriptsandgui.bnk)
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Fri, 01 November 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
Artofeel wrote on Mon, 16 September 2013 11:18

Last I checked there was a lot of goofy stuff going on in that script. It was one of the scripts I couldn't decompile for Fable 2 because of the pluto lua addon. KoreVM makes it even more problematic.
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Sun, 03 November 2013 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Fri, 01 November 2013 22:45
Artofeel wrote on Mon, 16 September 2013 11:18

Last I checked there was a lot of goofy stuff going on in that script. It was one of the scripts I couldn't decompile for Fable 2 because of the pluto lua addon. KoreVM makes it even more problematic.

:(
btw, I get another bug
Called: "Make Peace"
Nobody attacks. CombatTalk is work. They are moving to attack but when get close to enemy, just staying and talk...
Strange, but it seems big creatures no longer spawning (Saker like renegade\Balverines\HollowMan Summoner) and the overall strength of the opponents reduced (I can kill anyone in one hit)
And now I'm not even sure if this bug is related to the same script, or is it something I greatly modded...
But this did not happen after loading with the heavily modified data, this happen during long gameplay.
So...if there is someone get this bug too, PLEASE report.
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Fri, 14 November 2014 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artofeel wrote on Sun, 03 November 2013 12:19

btw, I get another bug
Called: "Make Peace"

it seems that it was my fault with modding
the error does not reappear after loading an earlier save game and playing a long time
BUT a have another bug
Time is stop, and nothing can start it, I've tried:
Timing.SetDaySpeed(1440)
Timing.SetTimeAsStopped(false)
Timing.SetInFreezeTimeMode(false)
Debug.StopDaySpeed(false)

and nothing worked...
So...if there is someone get this bug too, PLEASE report. x2
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Thu, 01 January 2015 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stihii is currently offline  Stihii
Artofeel wrote on Mon, 09 September 2013 23:11
first bug detail described here for example
in two words, if you cast directed spell or directed spell casted in you, the game freeze, but the animation and the sound continues to play...
Thus there is a memory leak, and game falls when is reach 4 gigabytes (limit for 32bit aplication on 64bit OS)

I have this happen with the two heroes, and in both cases it only happened when the total time played was more than 50 hours.

bug is in this script:

in the function:
WatchDog.AssassinsRushAlphaFix.Update()

I did not correct the problem itself, as script is compiled, and there's a lot of functions...instead I made ​​sure that this function has never been performed.

the second bug is associated with the robodog sounds
after loading a saved game, the sounds in robodog become the same as a normal dog.
even though the script was compiled, I managed to completely rewrite it, so now everything is working as it should.

download file and extract in to Fable 3 directory
so, files should be in ..\Fable 3\Data\mod9\Content

Artofeel, I just registered now on this forum in order to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the only person on the whole of Internet to offer a solution for the direction spell freeze! You, my dear friend are doing an immensely better job than the support guys at Lionhead Studios.
I applied the patch you provided to my game folder and then loaded a save game where I was encountering the direction spell freeze on a hero with 50+ hours of gameplay. I tested the fix in the Hollow Man Arena in the Wheel of Misfortune (where the bug was reproducible 100% when the lightning spell was directed at me or the summoned creatures) but I also tested in a 1v1 magic showdown with a Saker-like mercenary (which again was 100% freeze before your fix). I DID NOT encounter the freeze again so far, despite spamming spells like crazy.
The fixed camera bug after exiting the sanctuary I did not yet get to reproduce (I didn't have a 100% repro rate for that one) but I will keep my eyes open.

As for the robodog bug, I never encountered it seeing as how I have the collie dog.

I will keep an eye opened if I encounter any problems after applying the patch

Brotherly hug from Romania towards Russia for this fix!!!
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Tue, 17 February 2015 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donkeymilk is currently offline  donkeymilk
Hi.I just wanted to ask small question.
Is this mod for the fable 3 vanilla game only?
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Wed, 25 March 2015 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updated archive for catspaw's GFWL emu support

donkeymilk wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 00:55

Is there is any global mods for Fable 3? :)
anyway it just replace two files
scripts\quests\qu667_robodogsoundmanager.lua
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Thu, 09 April 2015 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire
Artofeel wrote on Wed, 25 March 2015 04:42
updated archive for catspaw's GFWL emu support

donkeymilk wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 00:55

Is there is any global mods for Fable 3? Smile
anyway it just replace two files
scripts\quests\qu667_robodogsoundmanager.lua

He probably meant vanilla as in no DLC. Very Happy

Anyways, thanks for keeping things alive here Artofeel. It's really appreciated.
Re: Direction spell freeze fix and RoboDog sounds fix Fri, 06 August 2021 02:31 Go to previous message
GrinnTheValesti is currently offline  GrinnTheValesti
I don't mean to bump this, but for those who don't use Timeslip's GFWL or the other one, but the modified version of GFWL to enable online, AND aren't using/downloading any Understone files, but have Traitor's Keep (there was a workaround to get to this to work online with others), where would I put these files? I appreciate the help.
Previous Topic: Nude Female Hero by Ryuseiken
Next Topic: Blacksmithing Mod 0.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:32:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01736 seconds